What can I put on my gravel in front of my basement windows

RoanneCrystalBeth Shorts
+1

my house is a bi-level. It looks so ugly and borin. I need help, any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Those are all great suggestions but what colour would you paint the basement wall on the outside. Any other thoughts about what I can do it faces south and it gets very hot and the plants don't do well outside in that area
  • Gma Kirk

Could you sit a window box in the gravel in front of each window and fill with colorful annuals? A pot in between each window with a tall topiary wire form can be planted with ivy or other vining plant, or even just wrapped with tiny twinkle lights if you have access to an outlet.
  • Beth Shorts

You could paint the concrete walls around your basement windows with a darker colour to "ground" the look of the house .. and then get large bright coloured planters or pots, and fill them full of colourful plants.
  • Crystal

Id plant all perinals in there, Day lillys , tiger lillys, some iris's, even a few hostas. Get a few small status an maybe a bird bath
  • Roanne

Spray painting the gravel green would help. Many people in Arizona do this in place of grass to save on watering.