Pam Lewandowski
Pam Lewandowski
  • Cypress, TX

Backsplash ideas!!

PilgrimPamDiane
+5

Want to change our kitchen. Below is a photo similar to what we're wanting to do. Concrete countertops, german smear faux brick wall and light cream colored cabinets. HOWEVER, I have a BLANK when it comes to backsplash.

Would appreciate ideas, etc. Thanks in advance!
q backsplash ideas
  • Gma Kirk

We used galvalume metal roofing material for a very cool and inexpensive back splash. It is easy to install and very easy to clean. An added bonus is it is magnetic- I have magnet hooks I hang my hotpads on.
    • Gma Kirk

Pam, we just squirted adhesive on the wall, rolled it out and tacked the corners. Since ours was new construction, we had it cut a little wider than the space and just installed the upper and lower cabinets over the edges. Easy Peasy. And cost the huge sum of $13 & change. Word of caution though. Edges are sharp so be sure to wear sturdy gloves when handling. Good luck to you!!
  • Diane

That's tricky because you are going to have a lot of linear lines with the brick...I would stay away from anything that would have too many grout lines...I would look on backsplash ideas on Pinterest.
    • Pam Lewandowski

Yes. I knew tiles and such wouldn't work. Thanks ! Anytime I can get on Pinterest is a good thing!!!
  • Pam

Hi. A thought...since your finishes are mostly"background" materials, it might be interesting to go with something more focal. Of course, everone has different tastes, styles, and preferences but if you are of a mind to, maybe think of using thin board that you cover with wallpaper or inspirational printed sayings or even FABRIC that you epoxy and then attach the boards to the backsplash area. You could use photos, fine art prints, anything. Just make sure to pre drill holes in the backer board and keep the holes open when you epoxy so there is no danger of cracking the epoxy on installation. The epoxy is available at Home Depot or Lowes or even at Michaels as a two part process (Famo or Parks) and is durable, washable, and gives good hard smooth cleanable surface. Just make sure to follow directions on package exactly to ensure it is mixed and read others experiences with epoxy and maybe even watch some YouTube videos if you go this route. It would be lovely to see after pictures regardless of your choice.
  • Pilgrim

Found "decorative thermoplastic backsplash " kitchen panels th look like the old tin ceilings at Lowes & Home Depot. U mite check them out.