Natural mosquito remedies

Jeannie HermanEvelyn McMullenJust peachy
+5

• FL

Plant these in your garden: catnip, sage, basil, peppermint, citrosum, and Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus plants. Natural mosquito repellants!
  • Katherine Anne

Buy Listerine mint flavor mouthwash,put it in a spray bottle and spray anywhere that mosquitoes are a bother to you. Mosquitoes will be kept away for weeks in areas that are not affected greatly by rain and if there is a drenching rain all you need to do is reapply. Some people have said it can work to repel mosquitoes for upwards of 80 days, before reapplying in most circumstances.
  • Roanne

Peppermint oil is offensive to mosquitoes, but not to people.
  • Donna

Citronella plant
  • Michele Pappagallo

Citronella plants and Lemongrass plants help a lot! We planted lemongrass in pots and have them spread around our yard and patio.....really cuts down on the mosquitos...plus gives the breeze a nice fragrance. Depending on your climate, they will come back year after year.
  • Just peachy

Lemongrass plants, mint plants, basil, sage. Plant them in planters place them in your mosquito prone areas. I have the herbs planted all over my garden. With the exception of mint. Mint can be crazy invasive, don't let it flower and seed.
  • Evelyn McMullen

Taje supplement B-complex. I've maybe had 2 bites in the past 15 yrs!
  • Jeannie Herman

Lemon grass! I used this last summer and it worked wonders! Also, very pretty.