Is there anything one can use old nail polish for?

KarenElizabethBarbara Smith
+11

• Veronica Petracchi

You can dribble on wine glasse and make pretty designs. They will have to be hand washed after that. Or even use to make designs on a coaster and then spray with a clear coat to protect it.
  • Rut13233016

When I go to potlucks and have to take my own serving utensils, I use the nail polish to put my initials on the under side of the utensils.
  • Linda Tocci Lourenzo

I have used it to paint sculpey crafts. Also the end of eyeglasses to identify reading from driving. I have painted jewelry with clear polish to keep from tarnishing.
  • FL

Clear nail polish painted on the wires or posts of earrings can keep you from having an allergic reaction to some metals. I also use it for paint touch-ups on jewelry, ceramics, wood and even plastic. Have fun!
  • Kelly

if you have eye glasses and the screws keep loosening, just dab a little clear nail polish on the screws to keep them from loosening so often.
  • Ulrike

you can use old or leftover nail polish to decorate mugs etc...a bowl of warm water, put a few drops of nail polish in, swirl around with a cocktail stick....dap your mug in and pull out gently. then let dry..

www.hometalk.com/1159759/instant-inexpensive-paint
  • Susie Lee

My mom used to paint on rocks with old nail polish. You can make a rock look like a lady bug with red and black nail polish or a bumblebee with black and yellow. You can paint flower petals on them and let your imagination just run wild. Some of hers included a Santa Claus, a polar bear, a face and whatever image she could see in the rock. Fun and kind of therapeutic. 😂
    Have fun!
  • Darlene F Dittrick

Share your thoughts! Loo
  • Elizabeth

Thanks Susie! What a great idea! And yes I agree - therapeutic too!
  • Barbara Smith

I use nail poish on keys to differentiate them.
  • Elizabeth

Thanks Barbara! Great idea
  • Karen

color coding wires on TV, keys, kids accessories, whose stuff it is, etc....