Taking care of air plants.

C.B.Nancy TurnerShirley Mason
+1

Is there any kind of special care for air plants? I just ordered several of them and would hope that maybe my brown thumb won't be able to kill them.

the secret is to use tepid water in a spray bottle and keep them in bright light. I mist mine once a week.
  • Shirley Mason

I love air plants, so easy to care for. I spritz mine every 10 days to 2 weeks. I sat mine on top of a terra cotta pot (next to smallest pot; there are 3 different plants).
  • Nancy Turner

Mist them occasionally, if your home is normally pretty humid they would be fine. In the wild they live off the humidity in the air. Just make sure you don't mist them too often. They are an incredibly easy plant to care for, just mist is all it needs, no soil, nothing. I have even seen them glued to magnets and kept on the fridge!
  • C.B.

My daughter just dips hers in room temperature water about every week or so. Havfun with them!