DIY Body Pillow From Two Jumbo Pillows

Finding a body pillow that suits your need is quite a daunting task that too if you are on a budget. Today I am going to show how you can make your own body pillow from two jumbo pillows that I got from Walmart.
diy body pillow from two jumbo pillows
diy body pillow from two jumbo pillows
Cut off one side of the pillow and remove the stuffing. Do this for both the pillows. Turn the pillow covers inside out and lay one over the other. Use pins secure all the layers together. Cut off the other side too.
diy body pillow from two jumbo pillows
Trim one side of the pillow. If you feel the width is too much then trim some inches of fabric instead of just trimming the seams alone. The pillow I used were 20" in width. I trimmed 3 inches on the sides so the final pillow will be 16" in width plus one-inch seam allowance for the side seams.(17" in total). 
diy body pillow from two jumbo pillows
Now join the pillow covers in the center. To do this, open the pillow covers and place them right sides facing each other with seams aligned at the center. Sew along the center with one-inch seam allowance. Open the seam allowance and Iron. Fold the seam allowance for half-an-inch on each side and Iron. Sew on each side to secure the allowance. Doing this way ensures the seam at the center lays flat when the pillow is stuffed. (I'm not sure if there is a particular name for this seam, if you know leave it in the comments below.)
diy body pillow from two jumbo pillows
Fold the cover lengthwise with right sides facing each other and sew both the sides with half an inch seam allowance. Then sew width wise leaving a few inches gap for stuffing.I also sewed an extra zig zag stitch on all the sides. (shown below) Turn the whole cover inside out and stuff the pillow as desired. I wanted my pillow to be firm so I used all the stuffing that the two pillows had. 
diy body pillow from two jumbo pillows
Sew a ladder/blind stitch using hand sewing needle and matching thread to close the gap after stuffing. The pillow is now ready!
diy body pillow from two jumbo pillows
diy body pillow from two jumbo pillows
To learn how to sew the pillowcase for the body pillow, click here.

Sahana

• Christian Dior Black

how about putting both jumbo pillows into one body pillowcase and zip it up - done.
    • Tex21773744

I like the idea of putting the hotel pillows into a body pillow case. My husband always complains about all the pillows.
      I also like the idea for making one large pillow in he color you want I now have several pillow on my bed and have had a hard time finding the colors I want. This way I could buy the fabric and make them the size I want - like she has all the way across the head of my bed.
  • Donna

Why not just buy a body pillow?
    • Bonnie

However, we expect a DYI to be something that we cannot buy or is less expensive.
  • Nan6196957

Can I use it for a cushion for my sofa and use 3 regular bed pillows instead?

• Lois Mary Young

I think this is an awesome idea! Those of you who cannot think of something kind, positive and uplifting to say, should leave your words UNSAID! I'm so thankful my mother taught me manners!
  • Pamela Midkiff