Should I round-up my garden area?

DavidCarolLisa hudspeth
+6

Weeds. weeds. weeds,
  • Allison

Please read up on the ill effects of glyphosate, the active ingredient in RoundUp. I don't use chemicals in my gardens, flower or vegetable. I have a coal shovel that I sharpen with a file and scalp the weeds, then lay cardboard (or newspaper) over the beheaded weeds and mulch. You can plant through it by using a garden knife to cut the cardboard. The plants stay moist under the mulch, so you water less. To me, it's a win/win.
  • Susie Lee

Spray them with white vinegar. May take a few applications but you'll see them start to wither and die. Round up is one of the most dangerous things on the planet in my opinion. I don't even like smelling it in garden centers.

Happy gardening! 💐💐💐

If there are no other plants in the garden use the vinegar,salt and soap method.If there are plants in the garden pull them out or smother them with newspaper and heavy black plastic.
  • Amanda

I would cover them with newspaper . It will kill them and prevent new ones
  • Gregg

If you don't have a chemically treated lawn, bagged grass clippings work well in the vegetable garden. I have done this for years, and it breaks down into the soil, and I never have to weed , or use chemical fertilizer. My tomatoes grow over 6 feet tall.
  • Peggy Burnette

Roundup will kill all plants in your garden, after they are dead, till or rake your garden getting all the dead out, won't hurt plants after the dead ones are out.

• Lisa hudspeth

DO NOT USE roundup - it stays in the soil and is terrible for the environment in general. All of the above methods will work. If you cut your grass yourself, you will have a good, free supply of mulch
  • Carol

I used the vinegar,salt and dish soap. It worked really well, and I would use that instead of roundup. Roundup is nothing but poison.
  • David

I bought a little garden sprayer with adjustable spray. I fill it with vinegar and salt solution, adjust spray head for a fine spray, and spray each weed individually. Works great, and long sprayer allows me to stand while treating weeds!