Why are my Marigold plants dieing??

Just peachyBulldogBet11782852
+2

Just relocated to Florida. Have some marigolds in pots. Tried partial sun, full sun , and the yellow ones died. The orange yellow survived. Betty

Check to see if any insects are in the pots.Keep them in full sun, and do not let them dry out.
  • C.B.

Good advice Janet! Betty, if you notice that the flower stem weakens & the flower falls over...it is too much moisture...the plant needs to dry out more between waterings...what's happening is that the plant gets too much water, the flower stem wilts & the flower falls due to the inability to support the weight of the flower head...or the plant being in a draft or having been subjected to a sudden change from warm to cold will also do this [called 'dampening off']. IF you have retained any of the flower heads...see if they have 'seed' in them, start new plants if they do have seeds.
  • Bet11782852

Thanks will do!!!
  • Bulldog

Put them in full sun I do know that but as to why yours died I am baffled I did not think it was possible to kill a marigold lol
  • Just peachy

The main killer of plants is over watering. Try sticking your finger in the pot before you water. If it is damp or wet don't water. If it is dry and inch down, water.