How to grow potatoes from a potato

Elizabeth DionMccCynthia
+3

I have buried a pota and it is now sprouting leaves, I do not know what to do next
  • Jaimie.

Potatoes like to be grown on mounds. Keep adding soil up and around the plant . It's best to keep the soil loose. Watch out for potato bugs black with yellowish stripes
  • Cynthia

A potato can be cut into pieces, each containing an "eye". These can then each be planted. The potato vines that result are actually wonderful additions, and the pieces will each develop into potatoes- it's not a quick process, so be patient!
  • Mcc

wait (around 3months)for the plant to die back and dig your potatoes or retrieve early for smaller potatoes
  • Elizabeth Dion

Let it grow! It's fun to grow food from what we already have. I let my house potatoes sprout and then cut off some potato with an intact eye, plant and voila!!! You can also plant the base of a celery bunch and it will regrow. Fun stuff!