Asked on May 6, 2017

How can I fix wood trim that is dinged up on a square edge?

JewellmartinSharonShawna Bailey


I am pretty good at filling in on flat surfaces but I cannot figure what to do on an outside corner.
4 answers
  • Cynthia
    on May 6, 2017

    Matching finish or stainable wood putty can square off the trim if installed properly and sanded to shape. Good luck!
  • Shawna Bailey
    on May 7, 2017

    Elmers has some really nice wood putty that you can get in the color of the wood.
  • Sharon
    on May 8, 2017

    I use a paint stick clamped to edge, and fill it in with wood filler. I have also cut a plastic food box (like the kind cold cuts come in) cut away everything but one corner. You can use rubber cement to hold this on underneath the piece or clamp.
  • Jewellmartin
    on May 16, 2017

    After you fill and sand the repaired area, cover with matching paint or stain, blending and feathering the edges. If you have to paint the whole baseboard, it will be worth it. Best wishes!
Your comment...