Sue
Sue
  • Hixson, TN

Is it good to mix types of grass in one yard (fescue and zoysia)?

9530106512181Erin Maloney
+2

• Carol

depends on the look and texture you're going through. I would ask a landscaper or someone who works at one of your local nurseries if those two seed will marry well together
  • Shawna Bailey

I agree 100%
  • Erin Maloney

The issue with zoysia grass is that it takes a long time to green up. The fescue will green up much faster. Additionally the growing requirements of those two grasses are different. Some grass seeds that you purchase are a combination of two or more seeds. I don't think you would ever see a mix with zoysia.
  • 512181

I don't like the look. The zoysia does take a long time to green up. Sometimes in winter grass will stay green, but not the zoysia. You can see it in yards as you drive by.
  • 9530106

I had a yard of 100% zoysia, yes very late to green up, and quickly turns brown once there is a cold snap. It is VERY dense, and will choke just about everything else out, but is very low maintenance.