What can you buy to get rid of yellow weeds?

Dennis RyanMarciaMichelle Baumeister
+11

Yellow weeds.

Orthos weed b gone
  • Elizabeth Dion

I would use vinegar mixed 50/50 with water, a cup of epsom salts and a tsp of Dawn dish soap. Use an old cheap plant pot with the bottom cut out to place over the weed and spray into that. This stuff kills fast.
    • Chey

Is the pot used to keep overspray from getting on other plants? or...?
      Thanks!
  • Judy Ferrell

Use Scott's turf builder in the beginning of the season. It may take a few seasons to get rid of them all but you'll have a better and stronger lawn.
  • Michelle Baumeister

Consider that bees are being killed off in extreme numbers. Consider a few colorful "weeds" in your lawn to help them.

• Molly B

I think those are what I'd call Buttercups, fabled in song and story, beloved of children ..."here, hold this Buttercup under your chin to see if you like butter!" They are related to Ranunculus, one of Nature's most beautiful flowers. Maybe you have a sunny corner where you could let them grow for the bees and butterflies....and children. Otherwise, just pull them out, no POISONS...pleeeeez!
  • Michelle Baumeister

I'm so happy to hear that instead of being criticized for not answering the question posed. I'll have to look up horseherb. I love clover, but it is so difficult to find a broadleaf weed killer that doesn't also kill clover. Something called Butyrac 200 is supposed to work, but I can't find it.
  • Marcia

Why kill them? They are pretty. Anything that will feed honeybees need to be allowed to grow!
  • Dennis Ryan

Ortho Weed Be Gone, rather that use Scott's Turfbuilder plus 2, which blankets your lawn with weed control. Buy a one gallon pump sprayer and spot treat only the areas with weeds. Yes, as kids we did the flower under the chin thing, great memories. Kids today wouldn't have a clue!
    Broadleaf weed controls are simply plant growth hormones which cause broadleaf weeds to grow faster than normal, essentially growing to death. They are not DEADLY TO INSECTS such as bees, they only work on plants!
    If you like the clover and spot spray the weeds, just avoid spraying the clover. If you use the Scott's plus 2, clover will obviously get hit along with the dandelions. I personally, always tried to eliminate the clover because my oldest son was allergic to bee stings. As a kid, I often was stung stepping on flowering white clover in my bare-feet!