What is the best way to clean vintage bottles?

PamMam22269330Vivian
+3

Found some old bottles in the root cellar at my parents house and would like to bring new life to them. I tries Oxyclean and denture tablets, they helped, but they are still dingy looking. Any suggestions?
  • I had some antique oil and vinegar cruets that someone gave me. I couldn't get them to look that great so finally, I used white vinegar with some liquid dishwasher detergent (I found a small bottle at the Dollar Store) and hot water. I let that sit for quite a while. It really did the trick. Maybe that can help you too.
  • Nancy Gramm

I was going to suggest baking soda and white vinegar. I don't know that it'll actually clean out the residue, but it'll be fun to watch and it can't hurt. ;-) Good luck to you.
  • Gale Dow

Put some dry rice in the bottle and shake it.
  • Vivian

I've had success with denture cleaning tablets like Efferdent. Just fill the bottle with water and drop a half tablet in. After doing this a few times you will get to know how much tablet you will need.
  • Mam22269330

Try Barkeepers friend or soak in oxakic acid solution , the main ingredient
  • Pam

Does anyone know how to get smoke stains out of xstitch without ruining the thread colors