How do I protect "baby" peaches from bugs?

Aryeh KaufmanBos11608338Aryeh
+7

I have a peach tree in my garden, and it has begun growing peaches.
I would love to keep them bug-free this season, so I can hopefully enjoy them.

Is there any non-pesticide way to do that?
Also, my gardening skills are nill. so any advice on how to help them along would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you all!
My baby peaches... :)
  • Allison

Kaolin clay is a good organic route. A dormant spray prior to leafing out is important, as well, to rid the tree of any bugs under the bark.

You can use an organic fruit tree spray.
  • Bos11608338

I am there with you on the gardening skills but I do do a lot of reading about keeping up with a garden and I've heard that a couple of drops dish soap and a couple of drops of vegtable oil in a spray bottle full of water and the. Spray both sides of the leaves which will (I've read) keep bugs off, I can say that a line of dish soap the bugs dnt cross and the oil helps for it to adher, so I can't see why it wouldn't work on plants. Good Luck hope this will help you with your garden.
  • Janice Peterson

it may be too late spraying to protect fruit begins with the flowers
  • Aryeh

What about covering it with net bags?
    • Danielle Odin

Net won't keep bugs away. Bugs plan ahead. They lay their eggs in the soil and that way the babies have food to grow on. I think the soap-oil spray is your best bet.
  • Bos11608338

Let us all know your thoughts k
  • Aryeh Kaufman

OK all, I sprayed the tree! Now we wait for the fruits to grow, and see how they turn out! Thank you all for your help! :)