Createpositive
Createpositive
  • Winter Haven, FL

How do I patch/repair a screen on a Lanai (porch area)?

Nancy TurnerCaseyem11Dian
+2

There are a few small holes in the screens surrounding my Lanai. What is the best way to patch the holes? Do the repair kits that use heat work best in the Florida heat? Or should I use a repair kit that requires you to bend the wire to the existing screen?
  • Shoshana

I like this trick for repairing little holes in screens. Good luck!!
  • Dian

I HATE the look of a screen patch. Even when done perfectly, it still looks like - a patch! I bought a piece of fine grid plastic needlepoint canvas (less than $1.00) I cut a piece of it, making sure it was bigger than the hole in the screen. Watching TV, & relaxing, I got embroidery floss & stitched a pretty flower. The excess plastic was trimmed . Then I stitched it in place to hide the hole. This might be a two-person job, depending on the location of the hole. With small grandchildren visiting, by the end of summer I had quite a few blooms scattered here & there. By stitching instead of gluing the blooms I was able to change out the patches if necessary, without damaging the delicate screen even more. I'm sure anything cut from fabric would also do the job quite nicely. Problem solved, with a pretty unique application.
  • Caseyem11

There are pretty glue on patches in the marketplace that come in a variety of looks like butterfies or dragonflies.
  • Nancy Turner

We had our dogs and cats ripping out the screening for our lanai all the time, somehow they never put holes in it, guess we were lucky. I got to where I could put the screen back really quickly. I like the idea of the embroidery.