What is the best way to fix a rotting porch?

Shelley CollisonGeorgia RobinsonCwh6899259
+3

. See the picture!
  • Sharon

You're going to have to pull up those boards (plywood?) and replace them, along with the footer on that railing too. Stain them and put clear poly on it (marine grade). You need to check why this is coming down on porch, is gutter coming loose you need to tap those crossbars with hammer. sometimes gutters need to be re-leveled also, is there a hole in the gutter, do they need cleaning, shingles worn on edge.
    I would get marine grade plywood or if your going to redo deck with boards, use composite or treated wood.
  • Cwh6899259

By replacing all the rotten pieces.

• Georgia Robinson

Is it from water rot?
    Is it from old age?
    I'm replacing my front deck because it looked just about like yours.
    I have what looks like railroad ties, then I put cross joints bolted together, then I put 2x8 on top of those bolted together to make the deck. I'm adding a railing with wooden lattice panels so that my dogs can come out on the deck with me. (I have 4 Yorkshire Terriers and a miniature schnauzer) Here in the south we also have ceiling fans on the deck, so I'm repainting everything to make it all waterproof with a Marine sealant and deck stain.
    I also plain to have the spouting checked along with the roof. Ah, the downfalls of owning instead of renting. ;)
  • Shelley Collison

Well thank you for sharing your porch rot with me😉😆