What products have you used to paint countertops?

Lisa hudspethDonna ArsenaultCori Widen

Have any of you used paint or any products to resurface your kitchen countertops? We have a wedding in our yard this summer. Not in the budget to replace our countertops right now, but I would like to give them a fresh look. I see lots of products, but looking for reviews from this group of the products you have used that have stood up well.
  • Cori Widen

I haven't done it, but there are some AMAZING concrete countertop makeovers on Hometalk on the cheap. If that interests you, I'll find some for you!
  • Donna Arsenault

I am more interested in the granite countertop paint kits. I have seen them in a few hardware stores, but don't actually know anyone who has used it. Thanks for the suggestion, but the concrete look is a bit too industrial for my taste. I am really hoping for someone who has tried something.
    • ALLYSON DUNCAN

While I haven't done it personally(YET!!) I have read countless submissions on Hometalk of people who have used the paintd granite kits you're referring to with absoutely gorgeous results. There are a few different brands, none of them overly expensiveand the process didn't seem intimidating at all. I would go onto Hometalk.com and search for "re-doing kitchen countertops"; I have no doubt you'll be able to see some examples of what you're looking for. Good Luck!
  • Lisa hudspeth

DAICH (not sure of spelling) PRODUCTS - look online. I used the beige stone and it was gorgeous, not too expensive. They had an online video to watch before using and their example was using a black granite look paint. Also, you can buy the "featherweight" concrete mix at Home Depot. If this is for outside it may stand up better to the weather.