What is done with slithers of left over soap?

V ValenciaMindyCrystal Jozefick
+8

I save small slithers of soap that I keep to build another bar of soap. Any way to melt and mold and build into another bar of soap? Or reuse those slithers for other purposes?
  • Judy

I save these, and put these into a sock, and hang it from a faucet, then when I am out in the yard, and want a quick wash on my hands, it is right there, so handy, not costing a extra penny!!! J.
  • Kelly Howard

Hi, Rhenda! I have a foam hand soap bottle that I use these slivers for. I add a little water to the soap slivers and heat them slowly until it mixes into a slimy looking goo. This forms the concentrated layer I put in the bottom of the hand soap bottle. I then fill it up with water and shake well. It is the perfect consistency for it to foam and I feel like I get handsoap for free!
  • Jean Thompson

I shred the soap slivers on a veggie shredder ( picked up a green one from a Famous home party at a Yard sale for 50 cents.) there is those metal ones too. or you could chop them with a big knife on a cutting board, put in pint jar with enough hot water to fill jar ( could use a old quart size mayonnaise type jar with lid ). let them dissolve,shake once in a while or stir them up..til gooey.. you can pour into old icecube trays to make little bars. let set up and then twist to dump out.. or you could use some type of candy molds for smaller cute little bars, flowers, animals etc.
  • Fred Ford

Just stick the sliver to the new bar. Press together firmly after you use it and let it dry on the soap holder. Voila. Seems to work with all soaps.
    • G.B. Woot

I have ALWAYS done this and thought nothing of it....like didn't everyone know to do this! Only after I married my husband did I realize a lot of people throw the bar away when it gets too small to use! Now, he feels like it is an "a-ha" thing as well.
  • Debra Edds

put the slivers in a sock that can be used as bath scrubby
  • C. D. Scallan

My mom would always save them and put them in the latest ruined knee high or stocking , tie a knot and cut off the excess fabric . Keep in the mudroom to wash hands after gardening , playing outside , etc.
  • Cristine Meixner

I put them in a jar of water to dissolve, then use the resulting liquid soap to refill my SoftSoap dispenser.
  • Crystal Jozefick

You can shred them on a cheese grater, add a little water and melt them in the microwave and then put it in a mold.
  • Mindy

Add a little water and heat until melted together. Pour into a muffin tin with a cupcake liner inside. When it rehardens, just peel off the paper.
  • V Valencia

I pack these when I travel. I tend to not like the soaps they give you in the hotels, so I bring these little pieces for the trip and toss them away after use.