Peggy
Peggy
  • Britton, MI

Tick repellent and management for your pets coat outdoor pets?

D fuhrmanMom6329519Inetia
+2

I am currently using NEEM oil for the animals(cat) coat, is there something that I could give them in their food, to also keep the ticks at bay, and because of our seasonal dilemma, is there a treatment that I could concoct to spray on the necessary outdoor grasses and areas SAFE for my cats and( chickens in their outdoor)coops, and/or water supplies to offset the little buggers?? Thanks
  • Shoshana

You can try introducing lady bugs to your yard. They are natural predators of soft bodied bugs like fleas, and can help keep them in check.
    • Peggy

Thank you, I feel a necessary obligation to treat them, my felines, with a tnderness since the beauties give so much to me, and the natural non chemical way is certainly the best for the little darlings, but the ticks are maniacal and they squirm and bloat and all that I wish to do is ....implode the little suckers, and thats going to devastate the aqnimal so I may try the lady bugs. I have crops and I do not want to inadvertently bring a lady bug infestation either, so ....back to the drawing board. Many thanks, .....I inspect to a fault, myself also, as this season is a tick fun time. I love this type of Michigan spring so no complaints here, sleep deprivation and ALL. Have a good time with life.....P.D.
  • Inetia

There are topical treatments that kill ticks that you can get from your vet. That's the best way to get the right product for your cat's safety.
  • Mom6329519

I give my dog Bravecto. Ticks get on her and die. End of story.
  • D fuhrman

get seresto collars. they are a little pricey, maybe $55.00 but are good for 8 months. i live in the south and have never had a flee onmy dogs. if they do get a tick the tick dies on them. well worth the money.