A SPRING FLORAL ARRANGEMENT DIY

Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a restful Sunday.

For those of you that follow my blog, you know that I have special passion for flowers. I love creating little works of art that capture the blooms perfect beauty and vibrancy.

I am not a professional florist at all. In fact, making my own floral arrangements came out of pure necessity. As a table stylist, floral arrangements are a must and since the costs of purchasing fresh flowers from the florist can be very costly, I had to learn to make my own.
Today, I am very excited to bring you a very dramatic and beautiful floral arrangement tutorial consisting of all my favorite spring flowers and asparagus. I used a mix of Lilacs, Ranunculus, Roses and Freesia but you can use any flower you choose. 

This arrangement is perfect of anyone planning a ladies luncheon, spring celebration or setting a pretty table to honor Mom on Mother's Day.  And it is simpler than it looks.  Just follow my step by step instructions and you too will have a floral arrangement that will wow of your family and friends...

Lets get started.....
List of Materials
  1. Flowers
  2. Fresh Asparagus (1 bundle)
  3. Ribbon
  4. Rubber Bands (2)
  5. Scissors or Shears
  6. Knife
  7. Cutting Board
  8. Glass Jar or Vase
Instructions

Place the two rubber bands over the glass vase - one near the top and one near the bottom to support the asparagus.

I used this simple glass canister as a vase.  I have used this glass container for so many arrangements.  It is an ideal size and has a wide opening.

Measure height of asparagus against the vase and determine where you will need to cut to achieve desired height.
Now that you have determined your desired height, be sure to cut enough of the asparagus to cover the entire vase.
Take a stalk of asparagus and tuck it under each rubber band so that it stands straight up against the glass vase.  Now continue the same step around the vase adding asparagus stalks.Be sure that each one is placed tightly against one another trying to cover any gaps until the entire vase is covered. 
Fill you container/vase with water.

Begin filling container/vase with fresh flowers..  I started with Lilacs because I love the way they drape over the sides of the vase.

There is no particular order here.  Just what feels pleasing and visually correct in your eyes.  If it works for you and it makes you happy then you have the perfect centerpiece.
Now we need to cover the rubber bands.  I used a pink and white check ribbon and wrapped it around the center to cover the rubber bands.  Tie a simple knot on the back and tuck the ends under the ribbon and you are done.  Now wasn't this simple?

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  It is a wonderful tribute to all the beautiful and vibrant flowers of spring.

Thank you for visiting. Be sure to visit my blog for more photos of the tutorial and full DIY instructions.

Wishing you a great week.

Janet

Rosemary & Thyme

• Sylvia Sivley

So beautiful, but I have a question. How long will the asparagus keep fresh with no water?
    • Leslie

Sylvia, good question. I would spritz it with a spray bottle of water. That shouldn't harm the ribbon. She put the whole thing in a dish that water can be added to. Make sure you gut the bottoms like a Christmas tree so they can drink up the water :)

• Mary Lou

How long did asparagus stay green and nice...no water??

• Leslie

Mary Lou, spritz with a spray water bottle that should help keep the asparagus fresh and wont't hurt the ribbon, It is all in a dish so you could add a little water to the bottom also. Make sure there are fresh cuts like a Christmas tree so they can drink :)

• Redcatcec

This a good time of year to do this when asparagus is cheap, beautiful job. Thinking about your display, to make it last longer I would cut off the bottoms of the asparagus and arrange as you did, Then set the arrangement on a plate with shallow water and place it on a flat freezer pack under the plate to keep it fresher longer.

Do you put yours in the refrig overnight to preserve it?