How do you get rid of ants?

Sir8096221EllLin22155343
+8

• Shoshana

If you can locate the ant hole, simply pour some club soda down the hole without disturbing the ants...that will kill them.

Apply food grade diatomaceous earth

• SandyG

Peppermint or tea tree oil, mixed with water and spray or drops directly of ants pathway. Ants will travel (usually) along the same track unless stopped and both of these oils will stop them.
  • Judy

I put nutmeg down where they walk...gone!!
  • Lin22155343

Full strength vinegar, being careful not to get it on grass or any other living plant.
  • Ell

Here's a simple recipe that works for us every year: 1 cup warm water, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons borax. ( found in laundry aisle) Mix together and then soak several cotton balls with the mixture. I put the cotton balls on a plastic lid (from a potato chip can) and place it on the floor. The ants take some of the solution back to their nest and within days the ants are gone. Keep the cotton balls damp or replace them entirely for a few weeks so that ants from different colonies get a taste also. This always works for my whole family no matter the type of ant or location- Myself in Mass., Mom in Florida, son in Washington...
    p.s. We have no pets. If you do, be sure to put these in places that your pets can't get to them like inside a cupboard... The sugar attracts the ants, the borax kills them.
    I hope this helps!
  • Sir8096221

Thank you so much. I will try this for sure.