What is best way to remove wallpaper borders?

Dysko7710Debra EddsChar
+4

Been up about 6 years.
  • Shoshana

You can use a hair dryer on low heat to loosen up the adhesive and remove the border with scraper. Start from the bottom and work your way up.
  • Jerri

I've had great luck with wallpaper removal with this technique. Mix equal parts of liquid fabric softener ( the cheap knockoff brands are fine) with warm water in a spray bottle. Saturate the area and let it sit for about 30 minutes. The paper and the backing should peel off easily and your room will smell amazing. Hope this works for you,
  • Char

this will sound crazy but it works faster than the hair dryer. paint it with latex paint and wait ten min or so and peel it off. my friend dared me to do this and she was right
  • Debra Edds

use wet sponge dampen well pull off, if all doesn't come off repeat
  • Dysko7710

We just took wallpaper off of all of our basement walls. We sprayed vinegar on it and wiped down with cloths to get it nice and wet and after a little while it peeled right up.