What is an inexpensive fix for cracked cement patio?

Beth ShortsLouanne BurgessCynthia
+2

I rent and do not want to put a ton of money into project.

Being you rent the place,instead of repairing how about using a colorful outdoor carpet to cover up the cracks.

I agree! Since you rent anything permanent should be the job of the landlord. Why spend your own money and have the landlord benefit. Also make sure you get permission from the landlord in WRITING for anything you want to do. I have seen landlords agree verbally, then keep the security because the tenants "damaged" the property.
  • Cynthia

Or, use concrete caulk filler to repair cracks and apply fresh concrete paint- -approach your owner with the proposition that he reimburse you expenses, and you've got a new looking patio! Good luck.
  • Louanne Burgess

We used the carpet idea too. Got a large piece from a co-worker who was removing it from his family room, then covered it with a nice large piece of indoor outdoor carpet bought at Lowes on sale, 12x16 for about $70.
  • Beth Shorts

cover up the cement with an outdoor rug.. they come in all sizes, shapes, colours and patterns