Beauty Is In the Eye of the Beholder

Faye from Farm Life Best Life is back to prove once again that even the most unappealing pieces can be transformed into something beautiful if you use a little imagination and creativity! You won’t believe what this piece looked like before it’s makeover in Cobblestone, Lazy Linen, and Tough Coat.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
With the help of Country Chic Paint’s beautiful products, I am upcycling and transforming our very ugly laundry room to BEAUTIFUL! I started off this project, with the ugliest cupboard in the room. Brace yourself:
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
She’s really UGLY isn’t she?! For starters, I removed all her old hardware (which wasn’t salvageable given it was destroyed by layers upon layers of paint). Then I needed to get her naked. While stripping her, I learned that she had SEVEN (yes 7) layers of paint on her. Here she is naked:
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Once I had her naked, that’s when the fun began!   My transformation from ugly to beautiful went like this:

Step 1: Removed hardware, and stripped all 7 layers of paint
Step 2: Lightly sanded down entire piece
Step 3: Applied two coats of Country Chic Paint’s “All-in-One Decor Paint” in the colours ‘Lazy Linen’ (exterior), and ‘Cobblestone’ (interior)
Step 4: Lightly distressed exterior with sanding block
Step 5: Applied two coats of Country Chic Paint’s “Tough Coat” to exterior
Step 6: Lined interior shelves with a self-adhesive / decorative liner
Step 7: Installed new hardware
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Now I know and appreciate that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I’m fairly confident you’ll agree that this once ugly piece is now indeed BEAUTIFUL! 
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I’m elated to have found Country Chic Paint’s products — they are allowing me to upcycle and transform like I never imagined — all with the finest Country Chic character, and the sweetest imperfections!
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I hope you visit again! My farmlifebestlife awaits more simple living, generous loving and constant learning.

• All-in-One Decor Paint  (Country Chic Paint)
  • Tough Coat  (Country Chic Paint)
  • Sanding Block  (Country Chic Paint)

To see more: http://blog.countrychicpaint.com

• Hiw22213552

Answer the Question How did you remove 7 layers of Paint?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Jewell Martin

I like that even though she stripped all the layers "naked", she didn't have to replace any wood parts or hardware. And Faye could have painted a rainbow or something really bright, but she chose these subtle dignified colors. And this is just for the laundry room. Best wishes, all, and try to love each other 😇

• Stephanie Lord-parker

Oh so sweet! She must feel like a million bucks!!!😁😁😁 Too bad it can't say so!

• Barb

What if you have a metal cabinet like this?

• Karen Silman

Take to a body shop and have them dip it to remove all the old paint and see what it would cost to have the shop spray paint them with body paint. Did this years ago and reused all the old metal cabinets I could find. It was great! Painted them candy Apple Red and my walls were a nice yellow with an old formica red table. Everyone loved my kitchen of red and yellow.

• Deb Wilkin

Very nice job!! I loved what you did with this piece. I also loved seeing the old flowered liner!! Reminds me of my childhood..

• Carol luttrell

This act of saving something old and giving it new life just warms my heart. You did a great job! You most likely love this piece more than if you had bought something brand new.