Hot Glue Placemats

$3

My hot glue gun is probably my most used craft tool. It's always my go to when I need to secure something fast and for long. However, i've never looked at it to be my main medium. I decided to try my hand at hot glue placemats. This is by far my easiest DIY ever!
I started with a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper.
I then took my dinner plate turned upside down and traced around it about 1/2 away from the edge.

TIP* Tie a string to your pen and hold it in the middle of your plate to create a perfect circle!

Now the fun part. Trace the outline with a nice line of hot glue. Once your boundaries are set, go wild!
Criss cross, zig zag and overlap all your glue lines to create a one of a kind pattern. Just be just these lines touch your border so everything becomes one.
Once your glue has cooled down and hardened, spray paint it your color of choice.

I also decided to use a tweezers to remove all the little hot glue "hairs" that were left behind before painting but this is not necessary.
I LOVE the color blue I chose against my white table. These placemats jazz up any ol place setting too.
I made a set for my mom to use at her pool so the wind won't blow anything away since they are a bit tacky. Now, I know these aren't very wipeable but we're more so going to ascetic rather than practical. These would also be perfect for your Memorial Day or 4th of July party! Paint them red, white and blue to dress up your pain white table!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

15 Memorial Day Crafts
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful

• Michelle Faust

I was just wondering if maybe this idea might work for under toddlers plates to keep them from sliding around while they’re eating. I would probably just rinse off after the meal and let air dry. Just wondering if the “cold” glue gun would be better then the “hot” one.

• Lyn

I had the same idea, but my grandkids are older and past that stage.

• Judy Taylor

Where is par.paper did you use it or did you just use it to trace the round cirole and put the glue on it to dry then you. Removed it you did a good Job on it I would like to try this myself thank you

• SueBee

Walmart carries parchment paper also. It's with the plastic wrap, aluminum foil, etc.

• Em

doesn't this make your plate wobble?

• Linda

You can use a hair dryer to blow away those little hairs left by the glue gun.

• Rosanne

Actually tried this! No, it doesn't make the plate wobble unless you leave big globs of glue. I, unfortunately, used a mini glue gun, took forever! My bad. I also bought sparkly colored glue sticks! Eliminates the need to paint and the chance the paint will peel or otherwise remove itself.

The idea of drawing a picture and filling it in is a great one!