What are the best ways to attach photos to fabric for a wall hanging?

Anna StevensAnd1639926Nancy Gramm
+7

I have a vision of a simple vertical fabric wall hanging with actual photos attached. I tried cutting angled corner slits with an exacto knife (to pop the corners of the photos into the slits as we used to do on paper scrapbook pages after gluing photo corners in place) but the fabric I picked (dark blue woven- looking upholstery) was hard to cut and frayed in a messy-looking way. I was also thinking of using Velcro dots. I'm not a good seamstress in terms of potentially making a fabric frame. I would rather adhere the photos somehow. Any ideas would be appreciated- thanks!
  • Bobbie

I put fabric inside my very large picture frame and used it as background for family photos which I attached using pretty stickpins.
  • Anna Stevens

Good idea. Thanks!
  • Sl64

Little clothespins or binder clips
  • Nancy Gramm

Yes, you can use adhesive velcro dots, though I hope you're using copies instead of originals. Another technique would be to glue photo corners onto the fabric. You can still buy them; Hobby Lobby has black, my fave choice, in packages of 250 for around $3 a box.
    • Anna Stevens

Thanks for the idea, Nancy. What type of adhesive do you use with the fabric (to glue on the photo corners)?
  • Nancy Gramm

Fabric Fusion is a good one, as is FabriTac. I'm not sure which one I have right now but I find them interchangeable. If push comes to shove, I've even been known to use tacky glue. ;-)
  • And1639926

Double sided tape.
  • Anna Stevens

Will try, thanks.