The dogs have scratched my wooden doors. How do I fix the damage?

JJoan GasparJustme
+3

• C. D. Scallan

If its minor scratches , try rubbing the meat of a walnut on the scratch . If the doors are painted and the paint is scratched off, you'll have to sand down the area and repaint .
  • Sharon

If the scratches aren't too deep, try putting a damp towel on the door, use push pins, then use a really hot iron on it to plump the wood fibres up.

If that doesn't work, they sell tinted wood putty at the big box stores, apply with a putty knife, and then sand smooth, and put some spray top coat on it.
  • I had to use wood filler, sand and then repaint when my dogs did that.
  • Justme

I've tried the walnuts. They work for light scratches. You;ll probably need wood filler though. You can easily paint it if you have colored doors
  • Joan Gaspar

Not knowing how deep and color of the door Old English has two tones that work wonders,clean the whole door with a clean rag to remove dust then lots of rubbing with the product and then I'd use it on the whole door to make it pretty again.
  • J

If not too bad, you might try wax filler sticks. Having a dog that likes to jump up on the door, if you ever need to replace it, consider fiberglass or metal.