Vintage Look Key Holder

$10.00

I bought the key hook at the dollar store but it just seemed too bare to hang as it was purchased so I created a backing for it with a tray. The trays were also bought at a dollar store which sold them in a set of graduating sizes.
The tray was stained with a min wax stain along with the wood strips I salvaged from a cabinet maker. Once dry they were glued in place in alternating shades with wood glue and pressed in place until the glue dried. The strips were also used for a previous project which I'll share at the end of the post.
Each strip was then cut with heavy duty scissors to fit inside the tray. The metal key hook was accented with gold paint shown below. The letters were painted chocolate brown first and then also accented with the gold. A number three was reversed to give me the E and a number eight got snipped into becoming an S ...lol!
The key hook had screw holes to secure it onto the tray with and the wooden letters were glued in place. I used Command strips to hang the finished project. I have not been paid nor endorsed for using this product but I felt it was worth mentioning how wonderful they are to use!
Simply peel, press and voila no more wall damage!
Previous screw holes really do a number on drywall so I'm hoping these command strips will revolve the issue I have whenever I switch items up on my walls!
Finished look hanging in my back entry.
A previous project that corresponds quite nicely with it is also hung in the same area. Here is the link for that tutorial http://www.hometalk.com/26592598/vintage-keys-in-a-rustic-frame" target="_blank">http://www.hometalk.com/26592598/vintage-keys... . Thanks for viewing, hopefully I won't need to search for lost keys anymore!
*Note: The drying time on the stain depends on if you use oil based or water based, mine were oil so I omitted the drying time required for that in the project time estimation. I let the stained items dry overnight before handling them.