The toilet bowl water evaporated. How do I flush it?

Hillela G.EllisWilliam
+2

I can find hundreds of ways to prevent the evaporation on the internet but absolutely no information if it's already happened, what do you do.
  • If you fill a bucket, you should be able to fill the bowl enough for it to flush.
  • FL

Lift the lid of the tank (behind the toilet seat). Fill with water. Flush. if the toilet & if does not fill back up, turn the knob on the back wall behind the toilet and see if it starts to fill up again. That should do it, I hope!!!! Good luck!

I never heard of toilet water evaporation. Will have to look that up. I am aware of toilet water being pulled down the drain. If the outside atmospheric pressure is negative to the inside of the house the toilet water can be sucked out the drain. Especially when there are high winds or severe storms. The toilet may be empty but the toilet tank is full. Just flush the toilet normally and it will flush and refill from the toilet tank.
  • Ellis

If you don't have a tank, fill a 2-3 gallon bucket, pour it into the bowl.
  • Hillela G.

The best to do is add water to the tank, good luck!