How can I get rid of ground wasps?

Cara Hermansen-MitchellShirley HeadleyCrystal Jozefick
+3

I have ground wasp nests near my patio. They are sneaky little pests and make sitting out scary and unpleasant.
  • Irwin Kleinman

Try and find the nest. At night when it's cool use a wasp and hornet killer to spray the nest. If this fails use fire or call an extermator
  • Sue Lilly

Poser called doff works wonders
  • JoAnne Fowler Gaytan

There is a product called WHY (Wasps, hornets, yellowjackets). I got mine at Walmart, but have also seen it at Home Depot/Lowes. It is a trap that you hang away from your seating/garden areas. You have to refill it every couple weeks with the liquid attractant, but I cannot tell you how many wasps and yellow jackets I have disposed of. It will not get rid of every one of your wasps, but it has definitely cut down on the number of nests I have. I especially like it because the attractant does not attract honey bees, so they are safe to continue to pollinate the world! :)
  • Crystal Jozefick

I would pour boiling water over them, but I would wait until early evening when they have settled down. I like this because it isn't a harsh chemical.
  • Shirley Headley

we have them in our pastures-my husband pours gas over the nesting area to kill them. then he goes back & digs up the nest. You would be amazed at how big some of their nests are once you start digging. They can cover a very large area under ground as they spread their nest outwards.

• Cara Hermansen-Mitchell

boiling water should kill ivy too