I have tried many things to rid house from snails,any permanent ideas?

CdeblakeJanet PizaroPat
+5

Tried everything in walmart and home depot, need a permanent solution that's pet friendly. It's my house that the snails are all over, I have no garden AND I work nights. My dogs smell things out and may eat poison. No grass is up against house. Thanks, Terry.

Try food grade diatomaceous earth.
  • Sue Hilton

salt around areas where they can get in

• Dana Baier

We have use beer in small saucer, tucked in the ground beneath the plants. The snails climb in & can't get out. I like to think they died happy! lol
  • Pat

I was told to put coffee grounds and egg shells around my plants to keep them away. It works! Safe and cheap.

You just spread it in the garden and all reputable garden centers should carry it.
  • Cdeblake

A friend who owns a landscape gardening company told me that she's tried everything -- where I live, we're big on hostas which snails (slugs) love and leave in holey tatters -- cheapest and most effective suggestion is to go out after dark with a flashlight, pick them (UGHHHHH) off the plants and drop into a pail with beer in the bottom . . . FOREVER. So, try everything and then do the flashlight thing.