Wedding chalkboard sign - making it look like chalk vs pen?

ACareyKatAych
+3

I was asked to do a chalk board sign with the evening's events. In looking online, all of the websites say to use gel pens or paint pens. Concerned it won't look like chalk.
  • Shoshana

I think as long as you use the black chalkboard background, using a paint pen will come out neater looking. It will still look like a chalkboard. I've used chalk markers before and they really do come out looking like chalk. You can rely on them.
  • Jennifer jagneaux

Once you finish it, if the writing is too smooth looking (as if done with a pen), take a small piece of sandpaper and lightly sand over the area for a more distressed look.
  • V Valencia

What if you did the sign in chalk and then sprayed with a matte sealer to set the lettering?
  • Carey

I recently discovered that you can actually purchase a piece of Chalk board as places like Lowes, or Home Depot. Then you can use Chalk and it will be useable in the future as a chalk board as well. You can also go online and find a removable adhesive chalk board product. It is pretty neat. and it can be used and reused, and write on it with chalk.
    I found this on Amazon.com
    Chalkboard - Peel and Stick Contact Paper 79 X 18 inch Self Adhesive Blackboard - Removable - Reusable
    so those are two options for you.
  • A

Michaels sells liquid chalk...I beleive there is a Martha Stewart version.