What should I do about vines in my straw beds?

Jo Ann Walker MerrifieldC.B.Colleen Sturma Reynolds
+1

Vines in my straw beds. The vine has 5 leaves every few inches. I don't want to kill my flowers.
  • Colleen Sturma Reynolds

I would pull the vines as close to the root as you possibly can. You might want to wear rubber gloves...I have seen vines that have 5 leaves that I am highly allergic to. Not being able to see it, I don't know if that's what you have or not.
  • C.B.

IF you don't mind using an herbicide...you can fill a syringe with a solution of herbicide & attaching a needle to the syringe, carefully inject the stem [at the lowest point possible] of the vines with some of the solution; the plant will absorb the solution & die back; but don't remove the vine until it has died back to the roots; otherwise it will start growing again from the roots & there will be more of them.
  • Jo Ann Walker Merrifield

Having problems getting the pictures to publish here. The picture is on my FB. I know your time is limited so I thank you.
  • Jo Ann Walker Merrifield

It is Virginia creeper. No way to destroy it without endangering my flowers and azales.