How difficult is it to fit a gas geyser?

John GrimleyMichael EastwoodHillela G.

• Hillela G.

It is definitely something you and a friend can do yourself, providing your existing plumbing and wiring is decent. Watch some videos, read the manual, and you should be good. That being said. If you get going and find all sorts of extra wires in your walls or discover that your plumbing is sketchy, call some backup
  • Michael Eastwood

Thank you
  • John Grimley

A doddle for a competent person - but do your laws allow you to fit a gas appliance? I have done so in the past - laid on gas pipe from front to rear of house over 30 years ago without problem, teed off this inside to provide gas for cooker, boiler as well as running a pipe into my lounge which I capped off 'just in case' my wife ever decided she wanted a gas fire. 30 years & not a problem but I wouldn't be allowed to do this today as all gas work must e done by a certified gas safe engineer who would sign off the work, leaving a certificate for insurance purposes.