How can I get rid of slugs?

Janet SmythNancy TurnerCrystal Jozefick
+7

is there a good way to get rid of slugs that won't harm squirrels and birds?

food grade diatomaceous earth,a try of beer,crushed egg shells.
  • CarolAnn

I save my egg shells, break them or grind them up and sprinkle around. The egg shells are good for your soil and slugs don't like to travel over anything rough. Used coffee grounds mixed in with the egg shells has the same affect....This method also will not harm wildlife in your yard.
  • Janet Smyth

thank you!
  • Jewellmartin

Salt them down so they dissolve! I'm kidding, but that's what we would do as children. We believed the slugs melted away because they wouldn't be where we salted them the day before. Maybe thick grain salt would help form a barrier, if it doesn't upset your garden. Best wishes.
  • Crystal Jozefick

Crunching up egg shells and placing them around your plants helps get rid of the. the shells are sharp against their skin.
  • Nancy Turner

In order to really get rid of them and not just keep them away is to strategically place lids with beer in them. Using most of the others will deter them from going into a certain area, but they will just go to another area to feast. There is also powders you can put down to kill them, you will just have to see if it says it is deadly to any other animals.
  • Janet Smyth

thamk you!