How do you clean gutters that don't need painting but have black spots

+6
Pressure washing doesn't take the dirty look off. Is there something that can be sprayed or used to clean the "dirty" look on them? They don't need painting.
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 09, 2017
    Pressure wash them bleach and water .
    • S Ross S Ross on May 09, 2017
      We tried bleach but have so much shrubbery around the house, afraid to use to much bleach.
  • FL FL on May 09, 2017
    Is it mildew? maybe bleach? But I would use a non-scratching powder like Bon Ami or baking soda and scrub it off. Good luck!
  • Jan Clark Jan Clark on May 09, 2017
    First thing is are they PVC or aluminum? Usually a product like Simple Green will clean them pretty quick. For tough spots, don't scrub or you'll mar the surface, use something like a magic sponge. Hope this helps. Wish I knew what the 'dirt' was.
    • S Ross S Ross on May 09, 2017
      Aluminum and I don't know if the black is algae or a mold. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Mag21178819 Mag21178819 on May 09, 2017
    Try baking powder and vinegar, but separately
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 09, 2017
    Use a product called Wet and Forget safe around plants and good for many surfaces
  • S Ross S Ross on May 09, 2017
    have you used it? We bought that on sunday but haven't used it yet.