How do you clean gutters that don't need painting but have black spots

S RossJanet PizaroMag21178819
+6

Pressure washing doesn't take the dirty look off. Is there something that can be sprayed or used to clean the "dirty" look on them? They don't need painting.
  • C. D. Scallan

Pressure wash them bleach and water .
    • S Ross

We tried bleach but have so much shrubbery around the house, afraid to use to much bleach.
  • FL

Is it mildew? maybe bleach? But I would use a non-scratching powder like Bon Ami or baking soda and scrub it off. Good luck!
  • Jan Clark

First thing is are they PVC or aluminum? Usually a product like Simple Green will clean them pretty quick. For tough spots, don't scrub or you'll mar the surface, use something like a magic sponge. Hope this helps. Wish I knew what the 'dirt' was.
    • S Ross

Aluminum and I don't know if the black is algae or a mold. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Mag21178819

Try baking powder and vinegar, but separately

Use a product called Wet and Forget safe around plants and good for many surfaces
  • S Ross

have you used it? We bought that on sunday but haven't used it yet.