Dan Shippy
Dan Shippy
  • San Antonio, TX

How do I get the cats to stop pooing in my beds?

JenniferLizDavid
+2

• this is from the site I MUST GARDEN:
    Cats don't like the smell of citrus fruits, such and oranges and lemons. You may try scattering orange and lemon peels in your beds. You may have to experiment a little to see just how much and how often you will need to reapply the peels to keep cats away!
    One other home remedy to repel cats that people have had success with is to sprinkle used coffee grinds in their garden. Once again, you would have to experiment on just how much would be satisfactory to repel cats.

Sprinkle cayenne pepper or chili powder around the garden. One sniff and they'll remember. May have to reapply. Won't hurt the cats or plants.
  • David

We had a similar problem, tried everything (cayenne pepper, coffee ground, pine cleaner, etc), finally bought a water sprayer that senses motion (battery operated, hooks to garden hose). It worked great. Price was $80, but worth it. Maybe you could buy one with a neighbor having similar problems and share it.
  • Liz

Can a dye be incorporated? This motion sensor hose would be great on thieves!!
  • Jennifer

I covered my garden beds with chicken wire and it works fine. Secure the wire to stakes.