How do you make waterproof outdoor garden cushions

Tina GallagherC. D. ScallanSusie Lee
+3

• Csr16200510

I saw this in a magazine ---- make an envelope type pillow cover out of a plastic (flannel lined) table cloth -- and put your pillow inside. It will protect it from getting wet.
  • John

go to fabric store like Hancock. there are several aerosol sprays made specifically for waterproofing fabric.
  • Pamela Dale

Thank you John I will have a look .
  • Susie Lee

Buy clear vinyl fabric off the roll at JoAnns and slip cover them.
  • C. D. Scallan

The spray on waterproofing doesn't work . I've tried them and even after repeated applications . Buy a cheap flannel lined table cloth and just make sure that the opening of the pocket is facing down .
  • Tina Gallagher

Start by measuring your chair or bench seats. Go to a fabric shop or online and look for foam cushions designed for outdoor use. Purchase outdoor rated fabric and cover the cushions (there are plenty of free online patterns). Remember to take the cushions inside when not in use to prevent fading from the sun.