What is the best way to hang pictures?

Susan Oglesby CannyJeannie HermanBrenda
+3

I've been hanging pictures by using the guessing method. Most of the time they are crooked or uneven. I want to learn the correct way to measure and hang them.
  • Cori Widen

Do you have a level (like the photo below)? I use this and it works like a charm! You can then make a mark with a pencil, once the air bubble is directly in the middle of the two lines.
  • C. D. Scallan

A stud finder will help also , fairly inexpensive at most home improvement stores.
  • Janet Rivera Torres

look for : "How To Hang A Picture The Easy Way" on hometalk. I found it very useful.
  • Brenda

My decorator said to hang 6 ft from floor which is the right height for most people to view well.
    Unless you are hanging something over 50 lbs it does not require stud finder.
  • Jeannie Herman

You can always cut out paper the size of your pictures and try it that way first. And use a level! Once you get the order, or places you want...make sure you use that level.

• Susan Oglesby Canny

Use command strips and a small level. Command Strips allow you to remove and reposition the pictures if needed without damaging the wall