How to stop erosion?

Nancy TurnerWal21346381Janet Pizaro
+2

Want to turn a steep hill into flower garden have it covered in landscape fabric now will get topsoil but will need to keep in on hill help!
  • Melissa

I think you might need to consider additionally setting some ground cover plants. I think that Ice Plant flowers and Vinca does as well. I guess you could also cover the soil with rock in-between what you plant. Perhaps asking a neighbor who has a similar yard for suggestions might help also.

You can dig and make a trench with pre-treated wood or a wall built from landscape wall stone
  • Wal21346381

check out this page for some ideas:
    No matter which idea you use, your slope will have to be terranced.
  • Nancy Turner

I agree with the terracing. I have one terrace in front that the house is on and two in the back yard. We are on a steep hill from north to south(house facing north) and from west to east. I don't think I have a perfectly level space except where the house is. Terracing is the way to go. You can also make mini terracing for a few narrow gardening spots for accent planting.