Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Old Yoga Mat? 5 Ways to Reuse It

$0

Whether you've replaced your old yoga mat with a new one or you have one that sits in your closet untouched - don't throw it out! There a great options to reuse it and who doesn't like that? These 5 clever hacks will have you putting that old mat to good use in not time.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Be sure to give your old yoga mat a good wipe down with a proper cleaning spray.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Hack No. 1 - Cut a small square out of your yoga mat.

old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Trace a circle out of a small round object. I used an embroidery hoop. Cut out your circle.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Say "good-bye" to tight jar lids. You've got yourself a handy gripper that will unscrew the toughest of jars and containers.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Hack No.2 - Use a quarter or a small coin to trace out multiple circles. Cut them out with scissors.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Apply a small dab of glue to each circle.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
No more scratched floors! Attach them to the bottom of chairs, couches, tables, and more. You've just made some furniture pads.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Hack No.3 - Trace a small cutting board onto a piece of your yoga mat. Cut it out.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Boom! You just made your own mouse pad.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Hack No.4 - Old yoga mats make for great drawer/cabinet liners. They are spongy, durable and non-slip! Plus, you have so many color and pattern options too.
old yoga mat 5 ways to reuse it
Hack No.5 - Hot pot? Protect your counter top with this clever trivet style counter protect. No hot spots to see here!

• Yoga mat  (on-hand)

• Tami Stone

One more use for the mat:
    (kinda long, but had to explain).

My daughter brought a "it followed me home" dog home. After searching for the owner (with no luck) we've kinda adopted her into our zoo of 2 other dogs & 1 cat that thinks he's a dog. The newest member has been named Blue. She has 1 blue eye & 1 brown eye.
    ANYWAY... Blue is a medium-large Heinz-57 dog & every time she drinks water, only half stays in her mouth. As she walks away, she drops the rest of water all over the floor. I got tired of stepping in it & decided to try something new. Grabbed the mat & layed it out like a carpet runner. Works perfectly!! Now all I need to do is find one (or paint this one) to match my kitchen. 😊

• Swe31670800

I use one in the trunk of each of our vehicles. Keeps items in place and protects from spills or wet/dirty items like potted plants, umbrellas, pets, etc.