River Rock Boot Tray

$10-15

Spring showers are coming on strong and the wet, sloppy mess from everyone's boots was starting to drive me a little crazy. So, I thought about what I had on-hand that would solve the problem. And, a baking sheet was the answer! Topped off with some river rocks, I create a functional and fancy looking boot tray. When it becomes filled with water or dirt, simply run it under hot water and dry it off. As good as new!
Step 1) Clean out your baking tray. Be sure to use one with higher edges and one that is large enough to fit multiple pairs of rain boots.
Step 2) Apply a drop of heavy duty glue, (like E600) to each river rock.

Step 3) Place your rock, glue side down onto the pan. Hold in place to adhere.
Step 4) Continue gluing and places your rocks along the bottom of your pan.
Be sure to experiment with different sizes and colors of river rocks!
Step 5) Place your boots and umbrella on your new boot tray. No more soggy puddles to clean-up!

25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year

• Dorothy Sittler
    Dorothy Sittler

I am inspired. How do you clean the pan after residuals have drained into it?

• Althea Whitteker
      Althea Whitteker

I would take it outside to hose off. When dry spray with Lysol to stop bacteria from forming

• Jillian
    Jillian

I love this but dont like the silver pan maybe i could painf it first?

• Shari
      Shari

I’m going to make it with a black plastic boot tray.

• Dawn Dawson
    Dawn Dawson

This is an incredible idea, and I would love to re-work this idea for a bath mat for outside the shower.......just not quite sure on how you actually handle the drainage and possible mold build-up issue......anyone have any ideas!!???

• User
      User

For outside the shower consider a couple of sheets of river stone tiles. They are smooth and feel better under your bare feet than garden stones. Perhaps use a teak box instead of metal pan.

I agree that the drainage can be an issue unless you drain it after every use.