I have an antique wood cabinet in my bathroom- how can I clean it?

Donna861650Jlbhawkins1
+2

What product/solution will remove hairspray buildup
  • Shoshana

Dampen a terry or microfiber cloth with some isopropyl alcohol (70 percent) and rub over the surface. Wipe with a dampened cloth, then dry with a clean, absorbent cloth. Good luck!
  • Jlbhawkins1

I just found a spray product by Parker and Baily that cleans and polishes. I had found it at Marshalls but they have other varieties on line in liquid form. Just Google it. Good luck!
  • 861650

Murphy's Oil Soap is what I have previously used. What I did. Used a soft toothbrush detailed areas...this is a must to get really clean. For other areas, just use a clean cloth. If you have buildup of dirt, use (0000 Steel Wool) and rub lightly with the grain. Then use a clean cloth dipped in warm water and rung out completely. After all that, you can polish it, paint it or wax it. What concerns me is the cabinet is in the bathroom which has a lot of moisture. I suggest you research what to use as a sealer of some sort to protect it.
  • Donna

Thank you do much for your suggestions.
    I realize bathroom is not best place for this piece, but I enjoy having it under the window.