Does anyone have practical, stylish ideas for storing clothing?

Sharon Susa CourchesneGma KirkEroque022810
+2

I dislike bulky chests and tall boys in bed rooms. Does anyone have practical, stylish ideas for storing clothing. Thanks
  • Shoshana

I love the look of hanging clothing. Some simple wood and painted piping can create a simple, clean, organized look. Something along the lines of this
  • Eroque022810

If you have a walk in closet then place things from drawers into that area using baskets or whatever your style is, generally they have shelving. You may need to learn a new way to fold clothing such as t-shirts, but that you can find here. Otherwise declutter and make room for the things in those drawers, usually underwear and socks. I feel just like you I don't want those pieces in my room, but for now I have to deal with them because I'm getting ready to redo closet. Then off to habitat for humanity. This is the first house we have with a walk in closet and I have had to truly declutter. Still more to go but it's hard. But I'm ready for a basic amount of clothing where all goes with each other so life is easier. Good luck hope this helps.
  • Gma Kirk

consider low profile boxes that can slide under your bed. I also have some low small chests that fit under the clothes rack in my closet while still allowing room for shirts & jackets. im also working on thinning my wardrobe in preparation for downsizing myself!
  • Sharon Susa Courchesne

What about a storage unit with cubes & you could use different baskets in the cubes to store your clothing.