How do I keep carpet from buckling?

Slew DeeB. EnneElaine
+2

Had carpeting installed and it got bumps. Had it restretched twice and it still keeps doing this. I hate it and now think I should rip it out again. This is the third carpet I had installed and it keeps doing the same thing. Is there anything I should know before I do this again?
  • Kaye

I hope you are not using the same company. That could be one issue. I am guessing this could be a pad issue. It amazes me how a really good pad can make a cheap rug look great and vice versa.

Suggest you talk to the next company and get a warranty period.

Good Luck!
  • Elaine

The carpet company is obviously not stretching/tightening as much as they should to remove the excess carpeting! Complain and get them out again. It's faulty installation on their part!
  • B. Enne

Dragging heavy furniture and /or appliances over it on a regular basis could also be a cause. Casters and sliders help.
  • Slew Dee

This has to do with temperature changes and the time of year you are laying carpet. They shold be guiding you. It also is suppose to be delivered, settled I the house and then be laid.
  • Slew Dee

Should....sorry.