Why are my leaves falling off my rose plants?

Buf16971443LindaRach Bould
+2

• Hillela G.

It could be the heat- To help stop some of this foliage loss, you can make some heat shades to help block a few hours of those most intense times of the sun’s heat upon the rose bushes. Once the day is winding down and the intense sunlight and heat are as well, you can rinse down the foliage of each rose bush at the same time, giving them a refreshing drink of water. This will help cool down the entire bush as well as helping keep the pores on the leaves open and performing as well as they can.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Leaves Falling Off A Rose Bush – Why A Rose Dropping Its Leaves https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/leaves-falling-off-roses.htm

What is your location?What have you done so far?
  • Rach Bould

add rose feed to water when you water them, leaf drop is often a sign of stress in a plant.
    if the leaves are curling, mottled or have web-like structures on them you have a bug infestation. this will vary depending on your location. there's probably a spray you can use (I'm in UK so can't advise specifically).
    if the leaves have yellow-brown dots on them it is rust, a fungal disease on undersides of leaves and distorted stems. Sprays are available. Remove affected leaves and burn don't add to household waste and never to compost.
    if the leaves have black spots on them it is black spot, another fungal disease. this one overwinters on dead leaves so remove these both on the plant and on the ground and dispose of as above.
    good luck!

• Linda

I agree with the bug reason, I once had red ants eating my rose bushes. Also, plant banana peels in the dirt and around the plant they love them!
  • Buf16971443

Thanks. It probably was the heat