Desk hutch keep or toss?

Beth ShortsAnnMindy
+8

I have a 30x60 desk with a hutch on top. Are there any other uses for it? It makes me unable to change my office around at all, but wonder if I'll regret it, unless I can find another use for it. I get tired of all the "big stuff" that is stuck in one place forever.
  • Ann

Here's a pic. It's L-shaped and just a monster and would like to rework it.
    q desk hutch keep or toss
  • C. D. Scallan

A picture would really help to decide . Is the hutch detachable ? Does it have glass in the doors? If you can remove it and there is no glass in the doors, maybe you up cycle it into a cabinet for toys for the children or grandchildren . A craft cabinet maybe ? Can you put it in the garage to store tools ?
  • Gma Kirk

I'm with you. I like to change things up from time to time too! Can it be repurposed as a shelf somewhere? If you don't need the storage space and can't use it elsewhere, donate it!
  • Beth Shorts

I have an L-shaped desk a lot like yours, and I took the hutch off my desk, and repurposed the hutch as shelves in another room.
  • Sharon Susa Courchesne

You could probably get rid of it if you're really that tired of it & maybe even get an inexpensive bookshelf for some extra storage. For some reason I picture the hutch upside down as a bench with a cushion on it (so the top with your globe on it would be the bottom of the bench??) & just cut off the other parts.
  • Mindy

If you donate it to the Habitat Restore you won't regret it and now you can change your five around!
  • Ann

I live in the boonies so unless they'd come get it, I doubt I could do that. Too heavy and too large.
    • Nancy Gramm

I'm not sure how deep in the boonies you are but around here Salvation Army will pick things up, even though we don't have a nearby SA store. Who knows? Maybe even Habitat does that. Doesn't hurt to ask.
  • Beth Shorts

unfortunately I don't :(