What is the easiest and healthiest way to get rid of white flies?

Nina Larisch-HaiderWally seeleyMarcia
+6

I have a little hothouse and this year the white flies ruined nearly ALL my vegetables. I don't want to spray chemicals. I tried vinegar, teatree oil, which was not successful.

You have to re-pot your plants as the insects lay eggs in the soil.Once that is done you will have to spray them down with a horticultural oil.
  • Bulldog

I have never heard of someone successfully totally eliminating whiteflies other than starting over good luck
  • Nina Larisch-Haider

This sounds very discouraging .... but maybe there is no help. Thanks for responding anyhow.
  • Fay22300230

I mix 1 cup of water, 1/2 tsp of Dawn dish soap, & 1 tsp of vegetable oil & spray on the plants every time I go to the garden. Spray good under the leaves, because it has to come in contact with the flies.
  • Marcia

Oil sprays work the best. Spray after sundown in the cool of the evening. White flies go back to the plant at night and are less active in cool temps. be sure you hit the back side of the leaves with the spray.
  • Wally seeley

they will also infest a garden and the eggs winter over in the ground they are a "BUGGER" LOL to control. I have a Master Gardener classmate that has been fighting them for years not with much success.
  • Nina Larisch-Haider

thank you