Pineapple (Air Plant) Fridge Magnet

If you love air plants check out this original (and ADORABLE) pineapple fridge magnet.
Start with a wooden egg or a wooden circle shape. Most craft stores have these available.
Use a power sander to sand down facets. I started on one side and rotated 45 degrees until I went all the way around. Continue until there are no longer any smooth sides.
It should look something like a gem stone. With many facets that are flat.
Use a bench vise to secure your wooden egg in place. Safety first!
Use a drill to drill a hole into the top. This is where your air plant will sit. So make sure it's wide and deep enough. When using the drill, find the center and apply slow even pressure.
Once your hole is made remove the egg and clean it off.
It's time to paint your pineapple gold! (or any fun funky color. I did a couple teal with white polka dots too).
Use hot glue and glue a (STRONG) magnet to the back. I recommend using the rare earth magnets. Sometimes the standard craft magnets are not strong enough.
Add your plant and put it on your fridge! (Or you can forgo the magnet and just keep it on a shelf or at your desk) Either way it's very cute.

PS: It totally makes my day when people subscribe to my Youtube channel!

• Lynne Webb

I have been wanting an air plant or two for my bathroom. I'm assuming they really and truly do exist without watering? Perhaps from moisture in the air? I mean, come on, every living thing has to have some form of water or it's dead.
  • Norris720

DIY With CaitlinHometalker - I love your Pineapple Hack. My wife is trying to grow a Pineapple plant. I will be making her one soon and surprise her. Thanks for the photos too!