Does anyone know what this plant is called?

+12
We just moved into a new house and this beautiful plant is growing in one of the flower beds. Does anyone know what it is and how to care for it?
q does anyone know what this plant is called
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 10, 2017
    What is your location so research can be done as it does not look familiar?
  • 00i22667514 00i22667514 on May 10, 2017
    I believe this pretty is a type of chrysanthamum (just don't ask for correct spelling). A kind of mum, but could be totally wrong!
  • Nancy Nancy on May 11, 2017
    I believe those are spider mums; a member of the Chrysanthemum family. The site below has a great close up picture you can compare to your plants. - http://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/flowers-and-plants/spider-mums
  • Peaspeculiars Peaspeculiars on May 11, 2017
    Hi from the UK - It's Fothergilla Major :-) (American Wych Hazel).
  • Jeane Jeane on May 11, 2017
    Defininitely Fothergilla Major - American Wych Hazel. Agree with you, Peaspeculiars. It's a keeper - very pretty shrub
  • Diana Lloyd Montgomery Diana Lloyd Montgomery on May 11, 2017
    Fothergilla Major
  • Jo Peterson Jo Peterson on May 11, 2017
    Yes, it is a Fothergilla. Definitely a keeper.
  • Cra11401227 Cra11401227 on May 11, 2017
    I have this plant in my garden. It is Fothergilla Major, Prune it after the flowers die back and feed it late summer early fall. The fall colors on this bush are very pretty

• Layla Layla on May 11, 2017
    Thank you so much!
  • Gina Botelho Gina Botelho on May 12, 2017
    There is an app called Growit. You can take a picture of a plant and the app will identify it.
  • Layla Layla on May 12, 2017
    Wow! Thanks!
  • Layla Layla on May 12, 2017
    Thank you
  • Judy Judy on May 12, 2017
    To me, it looks like a Spider Mum, but do ask a florist, just to be sure, ok? You may get a lot of different names, for the same plant. They may all mean the same thing, but one will be a educated name, and one a common name, ok? Enjoy this lovely day, J.
  • Just peachy Just peachy on May 12, 2017
    Witch hazel, at first I thought it was a mum. The woody stems and leaves say witch hazel. Enjoy it, it's a great plant to have around.
  • John John on May 12, 2017
    if you love this plant, try a viburnum...commonly called snowball plant/bush...google for pictures under either name...can be grown in a large flower pot