Does anyone know what this plant is called?

JohnJust peachyJudy
+12

We just moved into a new house and this beautiful plant is growing in one of the flower beds. Does anyone know what it is and how to care for it?

What is your location so research can be done as it does not look familiar?
  • 00i22667514

I believe this pretty is a type of chrysanthamum (just don't ask for correct spelling). A kind of mum, but could be totally wrong!
  • Nancy

I believe those are spider mums; a member of the Chrysanthemum family. The site below has a great close up picture you can compare to your plants. - http://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/flowers-and-plants/spider-mums
  • Peaspeculiars

Hi from the UK - It's Fothergilla Major :-) (American Wych Hazel).
  • Jeane

Defininitely Fothergilla Major - American Wych Hazel. Agree with you, Peaspeculiars. It's a keeper - very pretty shrub
  • Diana Lloyd Montgomery

Fothergilla Major
  • Jo Peterson

Yes, it is a Fothergilla. Definitely a keeper.
  • Cra11401227

I have this plant in my garden. It is Fothergilla Major, Prune it after the flowers die back and feed it late summer early fall. The fall colors on this bush are very pretty

• Layla

Thank you so much!
  • Gina Botelho

There is an app called Growit. You can take a picture of a plant and the app will identify it.
  • Layla

Wow! Thanks!
  • Layla

Thank you
  • Judy

To me, it looks like a Spider Mum, but do ask a florist, just to be sure, ok? You may get a lot of different names, for the same plant. They may all mean the same thing, but one will be a educated name, and one a common name, ok? Enjoy this lovely day, J.
  • Just peachy

Witch hazel, at first I thought it was a mum. The woody stems and leaves say witch hazel. Enjoy it, it's a great plant to have around.
  • John

if you love this plant, try a viburnum...commonly called snowball plant/bush...google for pictures under either name...can be grown in a large flower pot